Champaign cooler,KONOHA

It took two years to finish working on this champagne cooler, repeatedly testing. It took a process of trial and error while Mr. Imai of LINK UP INC. kept visiting our studio. To meet his expectations for angular-shaped wooden buckets, I was spending days of testing the limits of the wood. I have thought that I should give up but I finally witnessed that the function, beauty and technique concentrated into one. When I reached the idea of making top part of the bucket sharp and the bottom part rounded enough so that a hoop would stay tight, all the designing and technical problems were resolved. The oval shape gives elegance and ease of use. This champagne cooler was a turning point of my creative activities.

Fortunately, Konoha was selected as an official cooler for Dom Perignon.



No comments: